With the reality of the Common Core in the classroom, schools strive not only to prepare all students for success in college and
careers in the medium and longer term but also understand what success will look like on online assessments in the short term.
Continuing your commitment to high quality instruction in a time of transition can be difficult but the clock is ticking. No
matter where you are in your level of comfort and confidence with the Common Core, join experts and colleagues from around the
country to gain perspective and practical insight on the journey ahead that will benefit your schools and your students in the
short term and beyond.
- Examine cross-curricular approaches to reading and STEM to realize the potential of the CCSS.
- Review strategies and ideas to adequately prepare students for online assessments without “teaching to the test.”
- Understand successful Common Core strategies for English Language Learners and special ed students.
- Continue to cultivate critical thinking in a Common Core-aligned curriculum.
- Examine diverse approaches to literacy instruction that cultivate 21st Century Skills for readers at all levels in order to prepare for online assessments.
- Learn how to effectively leverage instructional technology and digital curriculum to maximize 21st Century skills in a Common Core context.
- Analyze best practices for district and building leadership to shepherd understanding of the CCSS and online assessments.